Reinvent the meeting life cycleThe meeting life cycle—from scheduling to follow-up—can be difficult to manage. Microsoft Teams meeting solution helps automate the full life cycle of meetings and saves you time so you can be focused and empowered to get more done.
Get a Quote Now!
What's included in the Free Versions of Teams Get unlimited chat, video calling, file sharing, and more
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! The free version of Teams includes the following:
- Unlimited chat messages and search.
- Built-in audio and video calling for individuals, groups, and full team meetups.
- 10 GB of team file storage plus 2 GB per person for personal storage.
- Integrated real-time content creation with Office apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
- Unlimited app integrations with 250+ business apps to choose from, including Adobe, Evernote, and Trello.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with anyone inside or outside your organisation, backed by Microsoft’s secure, global infrastructure.
Several Teams features are only available in the paid version in Microsoft 365. The full-featured, paid version of Teams includes:
- Additional storage, with plans starting at 1 TB file storage per user.
- Rich file collaboration in the Office desktop apps.
- Meeting scheduling and intelligent video capabilities.
- Additional first- and third-party app integrations.
- Advanced IT controls.
- Enterprise-level security and compliance.
The individual who created the tenant (i.e., the person who signed up for the free version of Teams) can upgrade directly from the Teams free product by clicking on your profile in the top left-hand corner. Upgrading from the free version of Microsoft Teams also unlocks the full set of Teams capabilities, including scheduled meetings, calendar, 1 TB of file storage, and advanced administration features.
Anyone with any corporate or consumer email address can sign up for Teams today. People who don’t already have a paid Microsoft 365 commercial subscription will have access to the free version of Teams. If a user at an existing Microsoft 365 commercial customer tries to sign up for free, they will be routed into the managed Teams experience for their organisation. If the user doesn’t yet have a license for Teams as part of their organisation’s Microsoft 365 plan, they will be routed to the Microsoft Teams Exploratory experience for free until January 2021.