The Independent Education Union of Wa
The Independent Education Union of WA (IEUWA) needed their Microsoft Dynamics CRM member system extended to their website allowing dynamic and integrated member engagement and interaction
"We needed a way of connecting our website with our important Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 system to improve member engagement"
Theresa Howe, Union Secretary
IEUWA were growing and needed to improve the communications/interaction and services available for members wanting to engage with the Union.
The solution was to integrate the ISP based Joomla website with the On Premise Microsoft Dynamics CRM using Metisc’s mBO WebServices.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM runs on Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft IIS.
- The Metisc mBO WebServices provided capabilities for integration including Single Sign-On, Contacts, Events, Sales and Subscriptions.
- The xRM application iDues for CRM provided the instalment billing/subscription processing was developed using Microsoft’s .Net and the Dynamics CRM SDK.
- The Metisc mBO WebServices were developed using Microsoft’s .Net and deliver integration capabilities such as JSON, REST and SOAP, the “mBO’s” run on our existing infrastructure and worked with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Web Services.
Works with Microsoft ... Works with iDues and the mBO's
The existing infrastructure supported iDues and the Metisc mBO WebServices
Metisc, a Microsoft Partner IEUWA have worked with for about ten years; assisted with the delivery, training and ongoing support for our staff and external consultants.
Flexibility and functionality
The mBO’s are an Australian Information Industry Association iAward winning product for connecting CMS systems like WordPress, Joomla and Drupal; to CRM and Accounting systems like iMIS®, Microsoft Dynamics CRM and MYOB/MYOB EXO providing flexibility and choice in web platform.
Industry: Union of Employees
The Independent Education Union is a registered organisation of employees that works to protect and advance the professional and industrial interests of its Members. The continuing growth of the Independent Education Union around Australia is a testimony to its success in building a stronger union voice and understanding the issues confronting the private school sector.
IEUWA had a Joomla website and wanted to expand the services offered from the website in a way that reduced administration costs and improved member engagement.
The .NET based Metisc mBO WebServices met EMA’s requirements and operated on their existing Microsoft based infrastructure.
- Worked with their Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4/2011 membership system.
- The solution has been used previously for multiple CRM and CMS platforms.
- Experienced CRM and Joomla developers ensured the systems ran and operated reliably
For More Information
For more information about IEUWA, call Theresa Howe on +61 (0)8 9373 1000.