Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales is adding enhancements to save time so sellers can focus on selling, to provide more access to data insights, and to enhance the mobile experience for sellers on-the-go. Look out for updates to automation and sequencing, Conversation Intelligence, and many exciting updates to the mobile app!
The wave 1 release features three different areas of following focus:
- • Automation and sequences that will adapt to the changing needs and behaviors of customers
- • Ability to customiSe the workspace to your business requirements and trigger key actions
- • Deal manager workspace where you can view deals, understand the context, and take action
- • Conversational intelligence provides insights on top of calls with multiple participants
- • Advanced filters in the deal manager workspace
- • out-of-the-box data visualisations, including calculated metrics to understand the pipeline
Enhanced Mobile Experience
- • Get up to date LinkedIn information on meeting participants, insights about a deal, accounts, and contacts integrated with AI
- • Teams customer calls can be transcribed and assigned to a record in D365
Microsoft approach with Dynamics 365 Marketing is to unleash the power of all your data—infusing it with AI and empowering you to deliver meaningful messages to your customers. Making the product easy to use is a guiding principle for us as we build features to help you achieve your goals.
Here are new things that released following heaps of users feedback and thorough application testing, as follow:
Deeper personalisation to engage your customers:
- • Author dynamic content with ease through a new point-and-click interface.
- • Create deeply personalised emails from a more flexible set of data sources.
- • Target AI-generated segments using attributes such as recency, frequency, and monetisation to target high-churn risk or high-value customers.
- • More channels, power, and ease to reach your customers with the right messages:
Create emails quickly, with low effort, and without compromises using the new email editor experience.
- • Search, version, manage, and use AI to tag your digital assets with a new centralised asset library.
- • Use AI-driven recommendations to select and deliver the best image, video, document, or fragment for your messages.
- • Create and send SMS messages to any mobile phone.
- • Deliver push notifications to any Android or iOS app.
- • Analytics to improve results and achieve your business goals:
Improve journey effectiveness with a new set of built-in analytics dashboards and cross-journey insights.
- • In real time, monitor your customer journeys and channel KPIs.
- • Set business goals for journeys and measure progress to the goal.
- • Experiment with the next action in a journey to optimise for results.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Service is delivering the all-in-one contact center, now with first-party voice built on Azure Communication Services and intelligent, skill-based, omnichannel routing across channels. In addition, we are enhancing agent productivity capabilities in knowledge management, timeline, email, and agent dashboards.
Dynamics 365 Field Service is an end-to-end solution that allows customers to transform their service operations by connecting people, places, and things to deliver customer-centric experiences. Microsoft has brought few business scenarios early this year for Field Service, as follow:
- • Streamlined onboarding experience for faster time-to-value and ability to use Field Service in productive environments.
- • Enhanced technician empowering with capabilities such as mixed-reality calling, knowledge management, or virtual agents in Field Service mobile.
- • Comprehensive customer engagement capabilities for companies to be in close communication with their customers.
Finance and Operations
We are in the biggest feature section of Microsoft Dynamics 365 capability. Microsoft continues to expand the functionality for Finance and Operations application bringing closer intelligence and automation to the plate.
This release brings Microsoft intelligent cash flow offering to public preview with automation based on predictive results. Users experience out-of-the-box machine learning for their financial operations, including viewing when customers are predicted to pay, forecasting what the budget should be, and viewing forecasted cash positions based on actual accounts payable, accounts receivable and project transactions, and predicted outcomes.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management
Microsoft provides a unified real-time view across finance, manufacturing, supply chain, warehouse, inventory, and transportation management in one single application for running a business. The cloud asset management software leverages scale units in the cloud to run mission-critical processes without interruption. Advanced predictive analytics and Power Platform tie-ins have allowed us to optimise and automate asset management, IoT, machine telemetry, planning, warehousing, material sourcing, and logistics. Other notable features for this release are in the areas of rebates, inbound landed cost, and global inventory accounting.
In one application, Dynamics 365 Project Operations connects your sales, resourcing, project management, and finance teams to win more deals, accelerate delivery, empower employees, and maximise profitability.
Following areas are upgraded this year:
- • Ability to forecast, use, and invoice nonstocked materials on projects.
- • Enable the ability to set up contractual commitments like billing methods and chargeability rules by task or a work breakdown schedule element.
- • Enhanced and seamless application lifecycle management (ALM) and provisioning experiences.
- • Enable customers using the Dynamics 365 Project Service Automation application to upgrade to Project Operations.
Dynamics 365 Human Resources helps businesses empower and engage their workforce, provide modern benefits packages, and stay compliant. It allows HR professionals to be more strategic.
For the 2021 release wave 1, Microsoft will focus on three key areas:
- • Broaden the human capital management (HCM) ecosystem: Continue broadening our HCM ecosystem through integration APIs and strategic partnerships.
Dynamics 365 Commerce will release new capabilities in the following areas during this wave:
- • Integrated B2B and B2C e-commerce offering in a single Commerce solution with unified merchandising and site management capabilities that enable a wide range of business models across industries and verticals.
- • The ability to target digital commerce content by device, language, geography, and audience.
- • Support for curbside pickup scenarios and task management via Microsoft Teams.
- • Unlocking immersive AI-powered intelligent shopping features like shop similar looks and shop similar descriptions, which enable customers to view product recommendations based off visual cues or rich descriptions, all to drive greater return on investment.
- • Intelligent product search through native integration with Bing for Commerce search.
- • More robust lifecycle management to unify business processes across prepurchase and post-purchase scenarios through a native integration between Dynamics 365 Commerce, Dynamics 365 Customer Service, and Power Virtual Agents.
- • API enhancements and extension points built on a composable set of robust and flexible services.
- • Ease of system monitoring with rich diagnostics in-store components and e-commerce services.
- • Improved SEO management features for digital commerce pages and support for Openschema.org.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central delivers a set of new features designed to simplify and improve the way our partners administer tenants, and the way administrators manage licensing and permissions. Application enhancements expands the integration with Teams and adds country and regional expansions.
Whats new and planned for Business Central in 2021
This topic lists features that are planned to release from April 2021 through September 2021. Because this topic lists features that may not have released yet, delivery timelines may change and projected functionality may not be released.
In the General availability column, the feature will be delivered within the month listed. The delivery date can be any day within that month. Released features show the full date, including the date of release. Different topic lists are covered in Business Central for Release Wave 1 2021, as follow:
- • Administration
- • Application
- • Microsoft 365
- • Regional coverage
- • Power Platform
- • Modern Clients
- • Modern Development Tools
- • Onboarding Process
For detailed list above, please refer to Microsoft documentation page for Business Central Release Wave 1 2021 HERE.
There are even more features planned for the wave 1 release. Read about everything coming to D365 Field Service HERE.
If you’re not currently using one of these solutions but you’re interested in learning more, please REACH OUT to our team. Make sure to follow our BLOG to get updates on when these features will be available for release into your production environments.
Complete Release Plan of Microsoft Dynamics Release Wave 1 2021The Dynamics 365 release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2021 through September 2021.
You can either read complete release plan online or download the document as PDF
Read Online Download Free PDF
What’s next for Dynamics 365 Release Wave 2 2021
2020 release wave 2 overview
The 2020 release wave 2 for Dynamics 365 brings new innovations that provide you with significant capabilities to transform your business. The release contains hundreds of new features across Dynamics 365 applications, including Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Field Service, Finance, Supply Chain Management, Human Resources, Commerce, Fraud Protection, and Business Central.
Just like the previous release waves, Microsoft continue to call out how each feature will be enabled in user environment:
- • Users, automatically – These features include changes to the user experience for users and are enabled automatically.
- • Admins, makers, or analysts, automatically – These features are meant to be used by administrators, makers, or business analysts and are enabled automatically.
- • Users by admins, makers, or analysts – These features must be enabled or configured by the administrators, makers, or business analysts to be available for their users.
User can get ready with confidence knowing which features will be enabled automatically. Please contact our team for further updates and / or questions related to 2021 release by Microsoft.