Retail is undergoing a major transition especially their multi-channel retails strategies with Dynamics 365. They are struggling to remain in the game. Microsoft Dynamics 365, come as solution that connects and unifies disparate systems – can be instrumental in achieving a successful multi-channel retail strategy and providing a better shopping experience that drives more sales.
Integrated Shopping Experience
Shoppers are prepared to travel to a retail store for items they want immediately. It's an indication that shoppers prefer physical stores when shopping for things and they like to try out first before they buy. It's a challenge for multi-channel retail to create a more seamless transition between online and brick – and – mortar shopping experiences and to keep their store relevant.
Easier and Faster Experience
Shoppers want a quick, simple seamless in-store experience. As a result, many retailers have implemented a number of conveniences, including:
- In-store Wi-Fi allowing shoppers to check product reviews online and compare prices.
- In-store GPS for shoppers to quickly locate a particular item or department.
- In-store bargains promoted directly to them by an store app while browsing shelves.
- Mobile devices used by sales associates to provide deeper product information or to complete a sale anywhere in the store.Store pick up for online orders.
- Superb Inventory Management
Another multi-channel retail strategies with Dynamics 365 is to manage everything in one system. Many retailers are starting to use their stores as fulfillment center. Meaning that both in-store and online inventory can now be managed under one roof. Here the advantages of this strategy:
- Since shipping is local, retailers can fulfill online orders faster and cheaper. Lower shipping costs, in turn, help retailers compete with online retailers.
- Shoppers can order online and pick up in-store.
- Shoppers can reserve items in-store and then have the item shipped to their home.
- Retailers can ensure that popular items are always in stock for online shoppers to order and take home the same day.
- Shoppers can easily return items in-store and might make another purchase while at the store.
Empowering Assortment Planners
ERP solution is a critical part of multi-channel retail strategy as planner can access data related to historical sales, shopper behavior, preferences and social indicators. It's making assortment planning and allocation becoming smarter, more profitable decision to support the multi-channel strategy.
Technology is the foundation to supporting multi-channel strategies
Technology is key to achieving a successful multi-channel strategy. Dynamics 365 helps retailers by offering:
- Integrated mobile CRM and POS systems empowering sales staff to better engage in-store shoppers and speed up the checkout process.
- A unified approach to inventory management allowing retailers to streamline their supply chain and improve their stores’ competitiveness with online retailers.
- Advanced reporting and analytics for assortment planners to ensure the right product mix available at the right time.